What is a Passport?

A passport is a document, issued by a national government, which certifies, for the purpose of international travel, the identity and nationality of its holder. The elements of identity are name, date of birth, sex, and place of birth. Most often, nationality and citizenship are congruent. A passport does not of itself entitle the passport holder entry into another country, nor to consular protection while abroad or any other privileges, in the absence of any special agreements which cover the situation. It does, however, normally entitle the passport holder to return to the country which issued the passport. Rights to consular protection arise from international agreements, and the right to return arises from the laws of the issuing country. A passport does not represent the right or the place of residence of the passport holder in the country which issued the passport. As a general rule, countries are not obligated to recognise a passport issued by a country which it does not recognise, nor to the entry of persons using those passports.

What is a Visa?

A visa is an indication that a person is authorized to enter the country which "issued" the visa, subject to permission of an immigration official at the time of actual entry. The authorization may be a document, but more commonly it is a stamp endorsed in the applicant's passport. Some countries do not require a visa or do not require a visa in some situations, such as a result of reciprocal treaty arrangements. The country issuing the visa typically attaches various conditions to the visa, such as the time that the visa is valid, the period that the person may stay in the country, whether the visa is valid for more than one visit, etc. The possession of a visa is not in itself a guarantee of entry into the country that issued it, and a visa can be revoked at any time. A visa does not generally give a person any rights beyond the right to enter a country and remain there. Anything beyond those basic entitlements requires special permits, such as a residency permit or work permit. Many countries require possession of a valid passport and visa as a condition of entry for foreigners, though there can be exemptions. Visas are associated with the request for permission to enter (or exit) a country, and are thus, for some countries, distinct from actual formal permission for an alien to enter and remain in the country. Some countries require that their citizens, and sometimes foreign travellers, obtain an exit visa in order to be allowed to leave the country

Tourist Visa

Tourist Visas are generally given for 3 months or 6 months from the date of issue or the date of travel. In some cases an embassy will issue a 12 month visa, but that on the decision of the embassy. A tourist visa does not allow the holder to study, work or do business in that country.

Study Visa

Study Visas are issued on the basis that the student has received an offer from the country’s college or university. The validity of the visa is based on the duration of the course that the visa holder is studying. You can extend your student visa at the country’s Foreign Office.

Business Visa

Business Visas are issued for engaging in commerce in the country, these visas generally preclude permanent employment, for which a work visa would be required. You need an invitation letter from the company based in the country where you will be travelling to.

Religious visa

Please call us to find out if can arrange a religious visa for you.

Group Visa

Groups Visas are issued to travellers wanting to travel in groups who have a similar purpose for their travel. Please contact us to find out if you can apply for group visa.

Any other visa?

Please call us 0203 500 0244 or email us to find out if we can help you to acquire the visa you need.

How long can I stay in the country?

The standard length of visas varies from 14 to 180 days. Please consult our agency. For some countries extensions are possible when you are in the country, please note that sometimes that visas are only issued for the length of your journey.

When should I book my flight?

Please do not book any flight until you have your passport with visa in your hand. Some embassies require a booked flight and hotel as per the requirements of issuing visa in that case you should book open or refundable flights and hotels. Always make sure you have adequate travel insurance in place, in case a non issuance of visa. Please be aware that Western VISA Services is NOT an embassy and therefore cannot guarantee the length or issuance of the visa.

How long does my passport need to be valid?

Most countries want to see at least 6 months of validity on your passport after you leave their country. To avoid possible delays in your application, you should calculate this and obtain a new passport before you apply if necessary. If you require assistance in renewing your UK passport, you may contact us on 0203 500 0244 or email us.

Why should I use Western VISA Services visa?

Western VISA Services allows you to get a visa without the hassle of creating an appointment (which can take up to a month, we can get most visa applications done from start to finish in less than 5 days*), visiting the embassy (most embassies are in London, you can send us your documents and we will get your visa for you and return your documents via a guaranteed, secured delivery) and at a reasonable price! *Subject to embassy restrictions

What is required?

A combination of various documents can be required before visas are issued, but a passport or official national ID card is always required unless applying for an electronic visa (only available to certain nationalities). Current countries that offer E-Visas are "Australia, Bahrain and Qatar"

How many Photos do I need?

Normally only 2 photos are needed but some countries require up to four, do note that some Islamic countries will require women to have their heads covered with a dark scarf. Please see the specific country’s web page for details.

How many Forms do I need to fill out?

Some countries require more than one completed form. Please see the specific country’s web page for details.

I have been told that I need supporting documentation, what is that?

Some countries such as France require documentation to support your visa application. This normally constitutes a letter from your employer, bank statements, travel insurance, payslips, hotel bookings and travel confirmation. Requirements can be a mixture of the above or for somewhere like India and China, the requirements are nothing but your passport, 2 Photos and an application form. (Available for download from the country’s specific webpage)

I do not have access to print the forms from your website?

Please call us 0203 500 0244 or email us, with your address and we will post you the application form and requirements.

Can you fill in the visa form for me?

Yes, we can fill in the visa form for you at a cost of £10.50 inc. Please call our office on 0203 500 0244 and request a form fill. Once payment has been received, a consultant will complete the entire form for you, asking you for answers to the relevant questions needed for the completion of the form. Western VISA Services will not take responsibility for any information given to us which is incorrect. Neither can Western VISA Services be held liable for any incorrect answers written, which will have caused delay in the processing of your visa application.

Why should I use special delivery?

pecial Delivery is a guaranteed and secure way to send Passports and documents. This service offers a next day delivery service if you post it before 5pm. Please check with your local post office to find out the latest time you can post for the Special Delivery next day service. Special Delivery Service allows you to track your parcel from the Royal Mail website. Please visit the Royal Mail tracking service and enter the 13 digit number (e.g. ZC12345678).

Special Delivery before 9am

If you require a same day visa service, we suggest you use Special Delivery before 9am as this is a guarantee that your documents will reach as at 9am and allows us to submit your passport to the necessary embassy on the same day. Please do bear in mind that Prince Visa Service can not be held responsible for any delay in delivery or if the incorrect documents have been sent to us. Please remember that the issuing of the visa is at the direction of the embassy.

Is it safe to send to P.O.BOX Address?

Yes, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we have set up a PO Box at the local sorting office, hence avoiding the involvement of postmen altogether. We visit the sorting office on a daily basis at 8am and check and sign for all mail received. Once your application is received we will inform you by email. You can also track your parcel by the Royal Mail tracking service. Please note that Western VISA Services cannot be held responsible if incorrect or insufficient documents have been sent to us. We are under no obligation to represent your case to an embassy, without having the full criteria set by the consulate in our possession.

What should I do before sending my passport?

In the unlikely event of loss your passport by the couriers or transit company, we advice you to take a photocopy or write down the details of your passport number, expiry date and date of issue, so that a replacement passport can be processed. Always send the passport through registered, secured mail, if not dropping the passport personally.

When do I know you have received my documents?

When Western VISA Services has received your documents we will email you on the email address you have given us.

What if my passport gets lost by the courier company?

All reputable courier companies have insurance and compensation policies against loss and we suggest you contact them for these details. All the documents Western VISA Services sends back to the clients are through Special Delivery run by the Royal Mail, and the claims will have to be handled through Royal Mail.

How long will my application take?

The application process time varies from embassy to embassy from 3 to 15 working days. Most embassies have the ability to provide an express service at an extra cost and decreases the processing time to between 1 and 5 working days depending on the embassy.

Can I call you to track my application?

Yes you can, please give us a ring on 0203 500 0244 with your reference number (if you had paid online or over the phone), name, the passport you are holding and the visa you are applying for.

How long will my visa be valid for?

Visas often have two time periods incorporated within them. First, is the time you have from the date of issue of the visa before you have to ENTER the country. Second, is the time you can spend WITHIN the country. An example might be: A six-month visa where entry must be within 3 months. Usually a visa is valid for 30, 90, 180 or 365 days from the date of issue. Please see individual country’s web page for specific details. Expired visas can not be updated or changed. You need to go through the whole application process again. Extensions to visas are available in some countries but not in others. You may find you have to leave the country, wait for your visa to expire, apply for and obtain a new visa, and then return to the original country. This is the case in INDIA at the moment.

Can I deliver and collect my passport in person?

Yes you can deliver the passports and documents to our head office. Please ring us before you come. When your visa is ready we will ring you and you can arrange a collection time.

Can I send someone else to collect my documents?

Yes, please inform us who is collecting the passport on your behalf; it is your responsibility to arrange collection of your passport. Western VISA Services will not be responsible for the lost of your passport.

Where are your offices if I want to come in person?

49 clevedon gardens, cranford, hounslow, middlesex, TW5 9TT Our opening hours are 9am – 6pm (Monday to Friday) 10am – 4pm (Saturdays)

I can not travel for a reason can I have a refund?

If the visa has been processed, then we will not be available to refund the visa fee or our handling charges. If the visa has not been applied for then a full refund of embassy fees will be given to you. Western VISA Services will charge an administration fee of £25 + postage + any transaction charges paid at the time of the booking. All remaining funds will be refunded to you in full.

I have input the wrong information on my tourist visa application. Is it possible to change it?

Yes you can change the information, provided that the tourist visa has not been issued. There will be an administration charge of £5. However, if the tourist visa has been issued, you will then have to pay the visas processing costs again.

Do you deal with immigration?

No we do not deal with any UK immigration issues. We are solely a service for people who are already resident in the UK and are wishing to travel abroad to countries which require a visa prior to arriving. Our site will inform you of all the countries that require you to have a visa prior to arriving.

I can not find the information I want from the website?

Please call us 0203 500 0244 and we will help you with your enquiry or email us.

How do I get in touch with you?

Please call us on 0203 500 0244 and one of our visa consultants will be available to help you or email us.